Instagram has become more than just a platform to share photos and stories; it’s a space for creators, influencers, and users alike to collaborate and share content. With the introduction of Instagram’s collab feature, it’s now easier than ever for users to team up on content without duplicating posts. If you’ve ever wondered how to add collaborator on Instagram after posting, this article is your go-to guide.
Understanding the Instagram Collab Post Feature
Before diving into the steps, let’s understand the instagram collab post concept. When two users collaborate on an Instagram post, both users’ followers see the content. This collaboration post appears on both users’ feeds, making it an efficient way to cross-promote content and reach a wider audience. The collab post also reflects on both users’ profiles, even if only one user originally created and shared it. This brings us to the crucial aspect: how to add collaborator on Instagram after posting.
Steps to Add Collaborator on Instagram After Posting:
- Open Your Instagram App:Ensure you’re using the latest version of the Instagram app to access the instagram collab feature.
- Navigate to the Post:Go to the instagram post for which you want to add a collaborator. It can be a recent new post or even an older one on your feed.
- Tap on the Three Dots:You’ll find them on the top right corner of your feed post.
- Select “Edit”:Once inside the editing mode, you’ll notice an option to tag people. This is the same place where you’ll now see the option to “Add Collaborator”.
- Invite Collaborator:Tap on the option and search for the user you want to add. Send a collaboration request. Once the collaborator on Instagram accepts your invite, they will appear as a co-creator on the collab post.
- Private Accounts & Collaborations:If your account is a private account, or the collaborator’s account is private, the collaboration will only be visible to mutual followers. If the original creator deactivates their account, the post remains on the collaborator’s profile, but not vice versa.
- Adding More Than One Collaborator:As of now, you can add only a single collaborator to a collab post. If you’re looking to have more than one collaborator, you might need to manually tag or mention them in the caption or comments.
Points to Remember:
- Not every post qualifies for collaboration. The feature primarily applies to feed posts, not stories or reels.
- Once you invite collaborators, they must accept the collaboration request for the collaboration to be official.
- If the original creator of the collab post deletes the post, it gets removed from both profiles. Similarly, if the original creator deactivates their account, the collaboration post remains on the collaborator’s profile but not the other way round.
Which Instagram Posts Qualifies for Collaboration?
An Instagram post qualifies for a collaboration if it meets the following criteria:
- It is relevant to the collaborator’s brand or audience.
- It is high-quality and engaging.
- It has a good chance of reaching a large audience.
- It is mutually beneficial for both parties.
Here are some specific types of Instagram posts that are well-suited for collaborations:
These posts feature a product from the collaborator’s brand. They can be used to promote a new product, generate excitement for an upcoming product launch, or simply give users a closer look at a product.
- Behind-the-scenes postsThese posts give users a glimpse into the creative process or everyday life of the collaborator. They can be a great way to build a connection with the collaborator’s audience and make them feel like they’re part of the team.
- Challenge postsThese posts challenge users to participate in a fun or creative activity. They can be a great way to increase engagement and get users talking about the collaborator’s brand.
- Giveaway postsThese posts offer users the chance to win a prize, such as a product from the collaborator’s brand. They can be a great way to generate excitement and attract new followers.
- Collaborative postThese posts feature two or more collaborators working together. They can be a great way to reach a wider audience and cross-promote each other’s brands.
If you’re considering collaborating with another Instagram user, be sure to choose someone who has a similar audience to your own and whose content is relevant to your brand. You should also make sure that you’re both clear on the terms of the collaboration, such as how the post will be promoted and who will own the rights to the content.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of creating a successful Instagram collaboration.
Understanding the Instagram Algorithm & Boosting Followers and Views: A Comprehensive Guide
The ever-evolving Instagram algorithm is something of a mystery to most users. From how it prioritizes content to the factors that influence visibility, understanding the Instagram algorithm is crucial for anyone wanting to boost followers and views. This article sheds light on the ins and outs of the algorithm and offers strategies to maximize your reach on the platform.
The Instagram Algorithm: A Brief Overview
At its core, Instagram’s algorithm aims to show users the most relevant and engaging content. Factors that the algorithm considers include:
- Engagement: How many likes, comments, shares, and saves your instagram posts receive.
- Relevancy: How much your content matches the interest of the user.
- Relationships: How often a user interacts with your account, such as liking, commenting, or sharing your posts.
- Time: The recency of your post, with newer content typically being prioritized over an old post.
Boosting Followers & Views: Key Strategies
- Optimize Posting Times: The time of posting matters. Analyze when your target audience is most active and publish your photo or video during those peak times.
- Engage with Your Followers: Respond to comments swiftly and engage in meaningful interactions. Not only does this increase your rapport with followers, but it also signals the algorithm that your content is engaging.
- Collaboration is Key: Collaborating with other creators can introduce your profile to new audiences. Use the collab post on Instagram feature to collaborate with fellow users. After finalizing the content, send a collaboration request and once they accept, both of you become co-authors of the content. This is a powerful feature, especially if the collaborator added has a substantial following.
- Use the ‘Add Collaborator’ Feature for Old Posts: Even if you’ve already published a post, you can still add collaborator through the edit option. It’s a great way to refresh an old post and reach new audiences without creating duplicate content.
- Diversify Content Types: Don’t just stick to photos. Incorporate videos, reels, and stories to keep your feed diverse and engaging. Remember, different content types may appeal to different segments of your audience.
- Tagging & Mentions: Tagging relevant accounts, influencers, or brands in your posts can increase visibility. When you tag another account, they receive a view request, and upon approval, your post may be visible to their followers as well.
- Invite Collaborators Actively: Instead of waiting for collaboration opportunities to come your way, be proactive. Search for relevant profiles and invite a collaborator. Once they accept, both of your followers can view the collab content.
- Public Accounts for Wider Reach: Switching to public accounts can significantly boost your visibility. Unlike private accounts, any Instagram user can view and engage with your posts.
- Use Hashtags Strategically: Including popular and relevant hashtags can amplify the reach of a single post. Users searching for or following those hashtags can come across your content, increasing views and potentially boosting followers.
- Encourage Saves & Shares: Create content that users would want to save or share. This could be informative posts, relatable memes, or any content that adds value. The more saves and shares your post receives, the better it fares in the eyes of the algorithm.
Instagram’s decision to launch the collaboration feature has opened new avenues for creators and influencers to reach wider audiences without duplicating content. By understanding how to add collaborators after posting, you can further leverage the power of instagram collabs to grow your profile and engage more effectively with your followers. Whether you’re an influencer, a brand, or just an everyday user, the instagram collab posts offer a fantastic way to diversify and enrich your content.
Build once, earn forever
Are you ready to start making an income from your skills? Explore the full potential of our cutting-edge course creation platform with a 14-day FREE trial, and start earning on autopilot.Try For Free